For those of you who like to get outside for the Thanksgiving holiday, or thru hikers who just want something savory and easy on trail, try this one!
- 1/3 box instant stuffing (I like the cornbread flavor)
- 1/3 bag instant potatoes (I like roasted garlic flavor)
- 1/3 packet powdered gravy packet (I like turkey gravy)
- 1 box (1 oz.) Craisins
- 1 (4.5 oz) can or foil pack chicken or turkey (or you could use the fresh or frozen chicken strips or 2-4 oz. deli turkey)
- 1 T. Olive or vegetable oil (optional)
At Home/In Hotel Preparation
Place stuffing, potatoes, gravy, and Craisins in a freezer ziplock.
Add very hot water to ziplock so that it barely covers the dry ingredients. About 1 1/4 cups. Let sit 1 minute. If you carry oil, add about 1 tablespoon to add flavor and about 100 calories. Add chicken/turkey.
Makes about 3 cups of food. About 800 calories with oil.